Lee Min On
Retired as a Partner of KPMG
Lee Min On is retired as a Partner of KPMG in Malaysia (the “Firm”) on 31 December 2015 after serving with the Firm for 36 years since 18 June 1979.
His experience in the Firm:
- 20 years in External Audit
- Reporting Accountants for companies seeking listing on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad
- Mergers & Acquisitions, involving financial due diligence and business restructuring
- National Partner-in-charge of Risk Consulting division;
- For 16 years, led as Engagement Partner for Board Advisory Services, covering corporate governance, enterprise risk management & internal audit, including US-SOX and J-SOX work for both public as well as private companies. The main thrust of such engagements was the formalisation of corporate governance, enterprise risk management & internal control frameworks, including the development of pertinent policies & procedures to assist Management of such companies comply with Bursa Malaysia’s requirements
- Co-wrote the Corporate Governance Guide – Towards
Boardroom Excellence 1st and 2nd Editions, publications of Bursa Malaysia on how to apply the Principles and Recommendations of the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance 2007 and 2012 respectively
- Sat on the Task Force under auspices of Bursa Malaysia,
responsible for developing the Statement on Risk Management and Internal Control – Guidelines for Directors of Listed Issuers in 2012
- As a strong advocate of corporate governance, risk and
internal control, focusing on ethical and sustainability practices, Min On conducts in-house training and participates at public seminars and conferences as speaker, sharing his thoughts and insights on Governance, Risk and Controls
Min On serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the following public companies listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia:
- Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad
- APM Automotive Holdings Berhad
- Warisan TC Holdings Berhad
- Kotra Industries Berhad
He is a Director of Coalition for Business Integrity Bhd, a not-
for-profit organization that advocates, via collaborative programmes with organizations, with a view of raising the bar of good governance and integrity in the market place.
He also serves as an Audit Committee member of the Institute of
Internal Auditors, Malaysia since 2013.