The general qualifying criteria for individual membership are as follows:
- over 21 years of age
- all currently serving directors of Public Listed Companies are eligible for Membership and are strongly encouraged to complete a 2-day Professionalism in Directorship Programme (PDP) as a refresher, and where possible, share with other participants their experience, knowledge and understanding of the corporate board best practices.
- all others not currently serving in PLCs shall complete a 2-day PDP to equip themselves with the foundational knowledge and understanding of the corporate board best practices‚ upon which more in-depth courses will be built on to sharpen the practice skills set of the participants.
Notwithstanding the above, for each individual membership option, applicants must meet the following qualifying criteria:
Individuals who are:
- currently serving on a PLC Board OR
- has served on a PLC Board in the last 2 years.
Individuals who are:
- not currently serving on a PLC Board
- with minimum 3 years experience in a corporate or professional position
- has completed the Professionalism in Directorship Programme (PDP).
Aspiring directors who are not eligible for any of the above categories but are committed to pursue the Professionalism in Directorship Programmes and other courses developed by MACD. Upon successful completion, the candidate may apply to be an Associate Member.
Applicant must comply with the requirements of a Member as set out here and must have been a member for a minimum of 5 years. The successful applicant will also:
- have held, in good standing, one or more of the requisite positions listed under the criteria for Member, for a minimum of 10 continuous years; or
- have held, in good standing, one or more of the requisite positions for a minimum of five (5) continuous years, operated in business for a minimum of 10 years, and have attained a recognised professional qualification or a university degree in a business field; or must have attended the specified MACD programme, or such other courses that MACD determines.