New Members Pack
Upon joining, the individual will receive a new member pack which includes an executive summary of the Corporate Governance Code and an invaluable guideline on directors’ duties and responsibilities.
Director Development & Lifelong Learning
With the aim of updating, informing and educating business leaders, MACD shall:
provide Directors’ Development and Education Programmes.
enhance the skills, knowledge, expertise and professionalism of directors.
offer a range of courses for directors, often in conjunction with Malaysia’s leading business schools and professional organisations.
MACD will constantly develop more professional benefits. Initially, members enjoy the following:
- regular updates on matters relating to Boards, including best practice statements and discussions or position papers.
- Board Appraisals designed to improve the efficiencies of Boards.
- access to a non-executive director database and placement service.
- limited advice around Board issues.
- competitive rates for directors’ and officers’ professional liability insurance for either individual directors or boards.
- Independent Director Initiative—an initiative by together with leading professional firms, to promote the interests of non-executive directors and to provide a forum for them to grow and gain further insight into their important roles on boards.
- Audit Committee Forum—established in conjunction with leading professional firms, the Forum aims to increase the effectiveness of audit committee members by providing them with regular updates and guidelines relating to their function on the board. The guidelines for audit committees released by this forum will be uniquely regarded as the best available.
Regional Representation & Branches
MACD will provide regional representation through a branch network, which is in its expansion plan.
Networking & Social Opportunities
MACD provides unique opportunities for networking and social engagement by:
hosting some of the most prominent events on the Malaysian business calendar. These provide an ideal opportunity to meet other directors and entertain clients.
providing a forum where decision-makers can network and exchange ideas for the advancement of business and public affairs.
Members enjoy significant discounts on events, functions and conferences organised by MACD and third parties with similar interests. These include an annual Business Update conference, an annual golf day, regular business briefings, informal lunches, and gourmet dinners.
Professional consulting services are offered to both members and the wider business and public sectors. The services offered include:
- director development programmes geared towards providing practical guidance on the focus and priorities of boards.
- facilitation of board and individual director appraisals.
- assistance with the construction of balanced boards.
- identification of credible and competent non-executive directors and other board-related issues.
Through the MACD Director Lifestyle Programme, a range of discounts and value-added benefits will be negotiated for members. Over and above these benefits (which will be listed in MACD Director Lifestyle Programme brochure) members will soon have access to:
- board, training and meeting rooms at MACD office
- the MACD library
Reciprocity & Links
MACD will be negotiating for professional affiliations worldwide. Members shall soon enjoy affiliation with other organisations with similar interests—such as the Institute of Directors (IoD) globally—leading towards reciprocity arrangements of membership benefits.
This will enable members to use the facilities provided by MACD at its flagship office. The facilities will soon include excellent meeting rooms, office, conference amenities, secretarial services, business information service, a business centre and reference library, as well as hospitality facilities.
Under certain circumstances, MACD provides opportunities for individuals to promote their organisations or products to members.
Members and their companies are also welcome to sponsor the various MACD events including the golf day and annual convention, networking functions, publications and director development programmes.