Event Date: Tuesday, 14th May 2013
Venue: Kelantan Room, Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Responsibility. Accountability. Integrity.
The Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance 2012 introduced a broad range of principles and proposals aimed at enhancing the board effectiveness of listed companies. It seeks to instill a culture of good corporate responsibility that increases both accountability and shareholder confi dence.
An interactive presentation by Mr Lee Min On, Partner of KPMG Malaysia, the Workshop includes a case study and Q&A session for you to engage with the speaker and fellow participants.
How to develop a Board Charter – Key changes in the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance 2012
- “Cosmetic touch-up” or massive “face-lift”?
- Raison de’tre for the MCCG2012
- Limited “shelf-life” for the Independent Directors?
- Empowerment of the Nominating Committee – Can it work?
- Board Charter – the “SOPs” for the Board?The 3 disciplines – self, market and regulatory
The Statement on Risk Management and Internal Control – Guidelines for Directors of Listed Issuers. A discussion on drafting the Internal Control Statement and providing assurance to the Board by CEOs and CFOs on the adequacy and effectiveness of Risk Management and Internal Control Systems under Paragraph 42 of the Guidelines.
- More bark and no bite?
- If it ain’t spoilt, why repair?
- Whose responsibility – The Board, Management or The Internal Auditor?
- The assurance provided by the CEO and CFO – another Sarbanes Oxley “I swear, You swear” statement?
- Subscription to MACD Director’s Daily—The latest news on business and corporate governance
- Placement in our Directors Registry as potential candidates for corporate directorships
- Access to advice around specifi c Board and corporate issues
- Available Board Appraisals designed to improve the effectiveness of Boards
- Independent Director Initiative to grow and gain further insight into their important roles on boards
- Audit Committee Forum to increase the effectiveness of audit committee members
- Access to extensive resources and educational programmes to share best practices
- Invitation to global networking events for Directors
Who Should Attend
Corporate Directors of Public Listed Companies