Effective Dispute Resolution for Corporate Malaysia
Date: Coming soon
Venue: To be confirmed
Commercial arbitration: what you need to know.
The commercial relationship is altogether in a realm of its own. Businesses embark on joint ventures or relationships in contemplation of inevitable disputes. The effects of putting in place dispute resolution mechanisms in contemplation of future disagreements could potentially preserve valuable business ties and avert a stunt in business productivity.
Effective Dispute Resolution for Corporate Malaysia will introduce to you the various methods of out-of-court settlements. It will explain to you the advantages of alternative dispute resolution, discuss the value of alternative dispute resolution in international business relations and examine how you can incorporate these mechanisms into existing corporate ties.
The presentation will cover these important points:
- Overview of existing alternative dispute resolution methods available.
- The relevance of alternative dispute resolution to corporate personnel.
- Functioning of alternative dispute resolution in Malaysia.
- Inclusion of alternative dispute resolution in prevailing corporate relationships.
Join us for our Breakfast Talk series on 24th September 2012, presented by Datuk Sundra Rajoo, Director of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA).
Strategic Planning and Sustainability
Date: Tuesday, 27th March 2012
Venue: Boulevard Hotel, Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur
Laying the foundation for strategy development
Strategic decisions prepare the ground for long-term growth that creates value. Corporate strategy defines the company’s vision, sets targets for the long term and outlines the nature and scope of its business. Effective strategies can give a company a decisive competitive edge.
Forward-looking decisions demand a strategic planning process that delivers robust results from which a workable strategy can be designed and implemented. Discover the seven strategic planning pitfalls to avoid, as well as the benchmark process for strategic planning that puts you on the right track.
The speaker will cover these important points in his presentation:
- Strategic planning. Overview of definitions and methodology.
- Environmental scanning and SWOT analysis.
- Scenario planning. Short case study.
- Sustainability: economical, social, environmental. The changing requirements and how to make sustainability objectives/requirements an integral part of strategic planning.
MACD is pleased to bring to you the Breakfast Talk series‚ half-day seminars that seek to provide you with concise learnings on current issues and latest developments from around the world. Join us for our Breakfast Talk series on 27 March 2012, featuring Mr Anthonie Versluis, Managing Partner of Roland Berger Strategy Consultants.